Collecting online donations for your WooCommerce site is an intuitive way to attain and raise funds for non-profit organizations, NGOs, charities, clubs, or other supportive causes. In contrast to the popular concepts, donation plugins are easy to set up, configure, and manage, giving you accurate tools and extensions.
Adding a donation plugin to your WooCommerce site can be a helpful asset to contribute to a noble cause, but always ensure that asking your customers to donate helpful ailments is a complex task. Hence, if there were methods other than viewing a donate button, a text on the homepage.
Hence, donation for WooCommerce is the only perfect solution that heavily relies on direct (ongoing) and recurring donations with a top-notch solution that encourages consumers to donate to their charities.
What is a Donation for WooCommerce?
Donation for WooCommerce is a powerful and intuitive extension for WooCommerce that lets you build fundraising campaigns without charging any transaction fees. Creating donation-based campaigns will allow the extension to add donation products to your WooCommerce inventory.
Users can easily configure options such as donation amount types, limits, and levels. Donation-based campaigns come with a pre-set default options that can be configured on individual choices that include:
- Amount Type – Define the payment types that include predefined or custom then your form will be accepted.
- Predefined Value – Adjust a fixed donation amount for users to select and pay to the users.
- Custom Value – Provides users the selection to donate any amount they need.
- Min & Max Amount Limits – Enables users to define minimum and maximum limits for donating payments.
- Implement Multiple Levels – Enables users to add multiple donation amount options in your form.
How Donation for WooCommerce Works?
Donation for WooCommerce makes it easy for your customers to donate generously. The plugin features a wide variety of functions to aid your request for donations without interfering or causing any hassle. The core functions include:
- Accepts recurring donations.
- Accepts donation amounts in decimal values.
- Round up the final amount and donate the difference
- The options of donation on shopping, products, carts, and the checkout page.
- Implements donations widget.
Hence, Displaying the Donation for WooCommerce campaigns goals creates a sense of firmness that early donors can bring with more people making it easy for the overall community to meet up the complete line together.
Furthermore, setting up your advertising campaigns, goals, and targets is the initial stage of any campaign strategy. The key aspects of Donation for WooCommerce helps you to keep track of the quantity and amount of donations collected for a particular campaign and allow you to display such targets to your customers.
Your donation goal can be defined, measured, and displayed in numerous ways that include the total amount collected, percentage completed, the number of donations received number of days leftover, and unique donor count. The following are some of the instances of How Donation for WooCommerce further proceeds the entire working procedure:
- Showcases the progress bar to show the collected donation amount in currency value.
- Displays the objective progress bar’s value in the form of a percentage.
- Define and display the number of donations in your campaign that you should collect before closure.
- Define and display the total number of days remaining in your donation campaigns.
- Displays a unique donor count on your goal’s progress bar duration.
Why Use Donation for WooCommerce?
The following are the reasons that explain the methodological process that explains why you should use Donation for WooCommerce.
Step # 1:
- The user can display donation options anywhere on their website, i.e., a shop, product, cart, or checkout page.
- Enables you to display donation options on your website, i.e., shop, cart, product, or checkout page that constitutes predefined values. You can also enable visitors to enter a custom value to donate any amount they need quickly.
Step # 2:
- Users can add the donation widget on the sidebar or footer to your website.
- You can customize styling options such as labels, colors, buttons, and vice versa. The donation widget enables you to display the donation box on any site page or post that uses the campaign shortcode.
Step # 3:
- Allows users to collect recurring donations easily and provides your company with an assumption-based revenue path.
- Accepting recurring donations is now made easy via Donation for WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions.
- Your donors can opt for recurring donations through the online donation form. Users can easily set the setting of the rhythm of the recurring plan from anywhere between daily to monthly that depends on the donor’s needs.
- If you want to collect recurring donations, the initial step is to install and activate the WooCommerce subscriptions plugin. After activation, you can enable recurring donations from the campaigns settings tab.
Step # 4:
- Allows you to ask customers to round up their bills at WooCommerce checkout and simply donate the remaining change to the charity box.
- Fast, Simple, and Easy to Configure – Admins and store managers can simply view donations and their details in the WooCommerce section.
- “Round-Up” is a premium feature that is also available in other plugins, but it is now part of our in-feature list for absolutely no extra charges.
Step # 5
- Gives the user the ability to accept donation amounts that contain a decimal value, even as small as $0.01.
- This plugin enables your donors to donate any specific amount they can use, even if the value is in the decimal points. This permits your donor’s inclinations to contribute, and this feature helps you merge small amounts.
Step # 6
Display a progress bar to view the collected donation amount in terms of currency value.
- The essence of progress indicators is considered to be a powerful resource to help your customers know that they’re not alone in contributing to the cause of donations or charities. Hence, the progress bar also motivates individuals to donate to achieve a sustainable or destined goal.
Step # 7
- Enables users to display the goal progress bar’s value in percentage
- Users can easily choose to view the value of the collected amount in percentage. The donation amount that has been recorded in the progress bar will notify thy total percentage of the goal or objectives that have been achieved.
Step # 8
- Users can also define and display the number of donations your campaign should easily collect before the closure.
- You have to define the total amount of donations you need to obtain for your campaign’s goal or objectives. The progress bar will show the number of collected donations, and the text will display the number of remaining donations.
Step # 9
- You can also define and display the number of days that have been left in your donation campaign.
- Choosing the option will enable you to choose the date on which your donation campaigns will be completed. Hence, the end date will be displayed move forward to the progress bar.
Step # 10
- Users can also display a unique donor count under your goal’s progress bar.
- Suppose you want to record and display the number of unique donors contributing to your donation campaign. Hence, the multiple donations via the same donor will not trigger the unique donor count.
Step # 11
- Give feedback and thanks to your donors with a considerable note.
- Hence, if you want to thank your customers can go a long way toward building lasting customer loyalty programs. Hence, if you want to create a thank you note on the donation form that instantly appears once the donation has reached its goal.
Step # 12:
- The user can view metadata and donation statistics to progress your campaigns and efforts further.
- You can easily view your campaign’s donation statistics via visiting the “all campaigns” tabs from your WooCommerce dashboard. These statistics include donations as per campaigns, donated, minimum & maximum donation number, and limits.
- Furthermore, any product that has been chosen for donation that a donor has ordered will be listed in a separate column.
Compatibility & Integration
Donation for WooCommerce can be easily integrated and configured with the following products and items
Integration with WooCommerce Subscription
- Users can easily create variable subscription items with corresponding attributes and variations of the products. You can automatically change your wholesale consumer whenever they purchase a variable subscription or returns it to a default role when the consumer cancels the order.
Compatible with Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
- Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is compatible with Donation for WooCommerce, and it features such as round-up functionality, the donation form page, and the donation form widget. Precisely, Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is a powerful widget that enables visitors to switch between multiple currencies as per their preferences.
- Follow the steps in the Donation for WooCommerce User Guide.
- Buy Donation for WooCommerce.
- Download and Install the extension. You can find the installation guide here.
- Create, Activate, Setup and Configure the Donation for the WooCommerce extension.
- Monitor your amount of donations and campaigns from the back-end functionality.
To understand and know about additional details, read our technical documentation here.