Supporting charities and nonprofits can do a world of good to your donation recipients as well as your online business.
In recent times, many businesses have taken on the responsibility to give back to their community, whether it is by supporting people living in poverty, protecting the environment, or helping animals in need.
It’s a fact that aligning with a charity or group of charities increases consumer acquisition and retention rates. It’s also a fantastic way to support causes that are important to you and your community.
Here are some amazing stats about including donation campaign on your eCommerce website:
- Nearly 47% of consumers worldwide report they will be more loyal to a company that supports a social or environmental issue close to their hearts.
- 53% of consumers admit they would be more likely to recommend such a company’s products or services to others.
If you’re an online business owner, there are tons of options that can help you ask your customers for a donation at checkout.
How creating donation campaigns can increase revenue on your eCommerce store?
According to a new study in the Journal of Consumer Research, corporate social responsibility leads consumers to believe products are of better quality.
“Corporate social responsibility can lead consumers to believe that the products of companies engaged in socially responsible activities are better performing. We attribute this to a ‘benevolent halo effect’ where positive attitudes toward a company translate into positive beliefs about the company’s products,” – Alexander Chernev and Sean Blair (Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University).
Here are some more facts on how donation and corporate social responsibilities (CSR) can boost your eCommerce sales:
- 55% will pay extra for products and services from eCommerce stores committed to positive social and environmental impact.
- 52% made at least one purchase in the past six months from one or more socially responsible eCommerce websites.
- 85% of consumers have a more positive image of a product or company when it supports a charity they care about.
- 83% of Americans wish more of the products and services they use would support charities.
- 80% of Americans are likely to switch brands (equal in quality and price) to the one that supports a charity.
If you‘re an online business owner, there are tons of options that can help you ask your customers for a donation at checkout.
Benefits of accepting donations directly on your website
- Your traffic stays on your website
- Customize your donation page according to your branding
- Create a trustworthy URL
- Support multiple charities and nonprofits at the same time
- Streamline the donation process
How To Deliver A Seamless Donation Experience To Your Customers?
Here are some features that every website owner looks for in a donation plugin: reliability, mobile-friendly, compatible with your preferred payment methods, and can be customized to look good on your website.
While the above is a must-have list for any donation plugins, how can you enhance user engagement and, as a result, donations?
Here’s a thought:
Display the donation option on the shopping cart so that they don’t have to use their payment card twice, once at the checkout and again while donating somewhere else on the website. Then, give them the option to donate a fixed amount, a custom amount, or round up their bill next to the highest dollar amount.
Does that sound like a good idea? Well, then you should check out Donation for WooCommerce.
Donation For WooCommerce plays makes it easy for you to collect donations and boost your WooCommerce store’s conversion rate.
Donation For WooCommerce is a powerful WooCommerce extension that allows you to create fundraising campaigns without charging any transaction fees. Creating donation-based campaigns will enable the extension to add donation products to your WooCommerce inventory.
Some of the most prominent features of Donation For WooCommerce
- Create multiple donation campaigns
- Collect recurring donations on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Accept custom donation amounts
- Display predefined donation amount options
- Display a progress bar to show the collected donation amount in currency value
- The “Round-Up” feature gives shoppers a choice to round up their bill amount and donate the change.
- “Round-Up multiplier” calculates a new total by rounding off the cart amount to the nearest number that is divisible by the round-up multiplier.
- Display donation options at the cart and checkout page
- Display donation options on the shop or product page
- Form and widget customization options (button text color, button label, button color)
- Add the donation widget on the website’s sidebar or footer
- View donation campaign statistics like the number of donations per campaign, the total amount donated, minimum & maximum donation amount limit.
- Compatible with Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
- Compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions
Why Use ‘Donation for WooCommerce’ Extension To Collect Donations?
- Display donation options anywhere on the website, whether it is a shop, product, cart, or checkout page.
- Add the donation widget on the sidebar or footer of your website.
- Easily collect recurring donations and provide your organization with a predictable revenue stream.
- Ask your customers to round up their bill at WooCommerce Checkout and donate the change to charity.
- Accept donation amounts that have a decimal value, even as small as $0.01.
Allowing customers to donate to your WooCommerce store is an excellent way for an eCommerce business to give back to the community. Learn how you can create an effective strategy using the Donation For WooCommerce extension.